Use public transport & get a MYKI card
To get a MYKI card and know how to use public transport
Let's start with why this is important:
- using public transport is the most cost effective method of transport after a bike
- when travelling on public transport it is required you use a MYKI card or else you will get a fine
Top up your Myki
Have an android phone, download the app and your Myki on your phone.
Concession passengers, select General concession as the fare type.
Have a health care card or concession
- Show your valid Health Care Card to buy a Concession Myki. Click here to find your closest outlet.
- Carry your Health Care Card and your Myki when you travel.
- If you're travelling on V/Line services or regional buses that don't use Myki, you'll need to show your Health Care Card to pay the concession fare.
PTV journey planner
Save this website on your phone, it lets you choose any destination and it will tell you how to take public transport there and how long it will take.
How to register auto top up for your Myki
For video transcript, click here.