The Support From Care program provides early intervention support and planning for young people aged 16-18 who are preparing to leave DHHS care, and are identified as being at risk of homelessness. The program is not tied to any accommodation, though we can support young people for up to 2 years.
What we do:
- Assess the young person’s skills and housing options
- Engage with care teams and identify tasks prior to leaving care
- Assist with the transition from care and provide case managed support post care
- Assistance to obtain long term secure housing
- Aged 16-18
- Currently on a child protection order in out of home care
- Limited community connections and support
Access: Child protection typically identifies young people 12 months prior to leaving care. Referrals come directly from Placement Co Ordination Unit Child Protection (DHHS).